Good Morning and Happy Friday!
I’m going to be busy studying all weekend for my Operations exam…exciting right?
DEFINITELY not as exciting as my family…who will be busy doing the annual Christmas cookie bake sesh. UGH, so jeal. (Side note to fam – HINT HINT – I’m really looking forward to frosted cut-outs, pb cup cookies, pretzel rings, and of course, the new tradition of biscotti)!
Source: My sister’s pic! HOW fun does that look, seriously!
Speaking of Holiday cookies, I found this really cute Holiday Survey on one of the blogs that I read and HAD to do it too!
25 Holiday Questions:
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Def Hot Choco, yuck to Eggnog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
ALWAYS wrapped (and perfectly, thanks to someone in our fam…)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I prefer white lights outside and multi-colored on the tree. We’ve never had lights outside, my family always did uplighting on the trees (which I LOVE and think is so classic).
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope, never have. Although, at my first party in Belgium, someone gave out real mistletoe, which I had never seen before!
5. When do you hang your decorations up?
The weekend after Thanksgiving!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Hm, this is tough. It would have to be Christmas Eve dinner at my house – ham (non-slimy), twice-baked potatoes, veggie, etc. Always a tradition (and always in the dining room)!
Source: My sis!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Always dressing up and going to the First Stage children’s play on Christmas Eve in downtown Milwaukee.
8. What is on your Christmas wish list?
Ann Taylor Loft boots (which I just so happen to know I’m getting – spoiled, I know)!
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
Nope, not when in Milwaukee. However, when we are with Joe’s Dad, we open presents on Christmas Eve! Crete always has a present for us to open as well – one year we got super cute Christmas pj’s! 🙂
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Beautifully. Ha, seriously – I have a ton of ornaments. My parents bought each of us girls an ornament every year – another great tradition.
My mom has created a new tradition now that we are all out of the house. She LOVES snowmen and has an all snowmen tree this year.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
Usually love it for Christmas. This year I’m hoping it holds off until we arrive in the USA!
12. Real tree or fake tree?
Real tree at my house, fake tree at our condo.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Yes, 6 years ago, Joe asked me to marry him. That seemed to work out well 🙂
Source: My sister again, hm, she must be majoring in photography.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Being with all our family and our MANY traditions
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Cutout cookies – see above!
16. What is your favorite tradition?
Holy crap, we have so many. I think it must be that my sisters and I would wake up in the middle of the night on Christmas Morning (like 2 or 3am) and sneak down to see all the presents wrapped under the tree.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
I know everyone will say “giving” as to not sound greedy and I really do love giving! (I LOVE when you find the perfect present for someone and can’t wait to see their faces when they open it). But, can anyone really say they don’t like receiving?!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Any Mariah Carey Christmas CD song
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum?
I think they are good – but I prefer the rainbow, fruity ones.
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
This is so hard. It is a tie between A Christmas Story, Home Alone, White Christmas, and Christmas Vacation.
22. What do you leave for Santa?
A note and a variety of cookies!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
See #16. But, we also open presents 1 by 1 and take a break mid-morning for cinnamon rolls!
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
Usually the mall, but this year it’s been all online (thanks to my mom for being my shipping department). I am DEF hitting up the mall as soon as I get to Milwaukee!
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Christmas card for sure!
Hope you enjoyed – it got me even MORE excited to go home. Not sure how that is even possible!