Let me just say a few things before I let the pictures speak for themselves:
I LOVE London. Remember when I said that Paris was my fave? Well, London has inched out for the #1 spot. It’s true.
We used points (A LOT of points) to reserve two nights at the Intercontinental London Park Lane. WHOA. Let me tell you that this was an extremely nice hotel in an extremely nice location! From the minute you drive up to the minute you leave, there are about 5-10 people welcoming you and asking if you need help. I’m not kidding – I seriously didn’t lift any of my bags! 🙂 The concierge were wonderful and had many ideas at many different price ranges. The bar was beautiful, drinks and snacks tasty, and late night dessert = delish. There is a really nice gym and spa as well. The gym even had free apples (come on, it’s the little things)! For you guys out there, the hotel is only a block away from the Playboy club! Joe was pretty pumped as he’d never seen one before, so he went to talk to the bouncer…um, sorry Joe, members only! HA. And of course, last but not least, I got to see this guy at the hotel!
Ok, off my hotel high, now onto the sightseeing! Here are a couple highlights before the pics!
- Christmas in London = amazing! I wonder if that is what a NYC Christmas feels like?
- The city is jam-packed with businesses/people, but yet I’m amazed at how many beautiful parks/green space is available!
- Very clean city (at least what we saw)
- Friendly people & police! 🙂
- Hearty and tasty food!
- Sooo many Starbucks!! Of course, I was happy, but surprised since that is NOT the case elsewhere in Europe!
- Lots of wealthy people in London-town. Holy apartments, brownstones, and Bentley’s!
- New words learned – ‘Scallywag’ or ‘He has his fingers in all the pies’ (guy who is a player), Knobhead (jerk, idiot), and ‘lovely.’ Everything is quite lovely in London!