Back to the routine…and it feels so good!
This is the first day I feel totally normal and adjusted to the time change. SO glad because I can start my normal routine again: Blog, Workout, Lunch, Study, Dinner, etc!
So…my breakfast was a quick one before I headed to the gym! I was VERY excited to workout since I’ve been slacking a lot lately. A long run on the treadmill felt soooo good (afterward of course – not during)!
For lunch, I met up with my American friend, Lisa. We had a LOT to catch up on! We hadn’t seen each other since August since our trips to the USA overlapped. We compared/shared our thoughts on being in the USA and being back “home” in Belgium. Here are a couple common themes:
- So glad to be back into a normal routine after vacay!
- We love and miss our family and friends in the USA every day, but are excited to have friends in Belgium too.
- Visiting the USA is not what one would call a “relaxing” trip! Definitely have some learnings for next trip…
- There is nothing like the town you grew up in…
- Laundry in America is awesome – I will never complain about it there ever again.
- Being able to drive is a serious luxury and the independence you feel with it is amazing.
- Starbuck’s is the best (ok, that’s my thought – but I’m sure she agrees)! 🙂
This afternoon I caught up on some school work, laundry, and cleaning. I was also perusing the internet and stumbled upon a new blog (Gina’s Skinny Recipes) that I LOVE. So, I decided to make one of her recipes: Chicken Milanese with Arugula and Tomatoes
I only made a couple changes:
- Kept the chicken as breasts (not cutlets)
- Left out the milk in the egg whites (had none)
- Added cheese to the salad (everything is better with cheese)!
Here is a pick of how our meal turned out! And, OMG, was it delish! 🙂
Off to complete my Law presentation slides for Monday. I’m pretty nervous as I have to present to the class with one of my group members. I really am not a fan of presenting. (Side note – You know how when you have to do something you don’t want to do and people say…”OH, but it’s such good experience!” Do you ever just want to scream, UGH, then you do it).
Anywayyyyyy, we have a “skype” conference call tonight to go over the slides. I find that really funny (not sure why – just seems odd)! I wonder if we are going to use the “video” call? If so, I should probably change out of my oversized sweats…