This is arguably our favorite restaurant in Ghent…so you probably already know how it will rate, but still take a look!
Restaurant: In Bocca ‘Lupo
Location: Ghent, Belgium (Patershol)
- Ambiance – AWESOME. It is in the Patershol area of Gent which is basically cozy, small streets with really nice and cute restaurants. It has a very nice/cozy/romantic feel to it.
- Drinks – GREAT. We’ve always ordered a bottle of wine (both red and white) and have never had a complaint. Also, the prices are decent with quite a few under 30 euro.
- Snacks – GREAT .When you sit down, you automatically receive the LARGEST green olives I’ve ever seen, alont with some really great circular crackers. Yum.
- Food – GREAT. (see below)
- Price – GREAT. Average priced (main meal 12-25 euros). However, I have one big complaint – they do NOT take American credit cards. Be sure to have quite a bit of cash on hand…so annoying.
- Service – VERY GOOD – always friendly and willing to help to non-Dutch speakers. I will add that this is a typical Belgian restaurant where your dinner will probably take 1.5-2 hours to enjoy. This would not be a place to go if you are in a hurry.
- Overall – GREAT. We’ve been here numerous times and have NEVER been disappointed.
- Anti-pasti platter – This is a MUST. It has great grilled vegetables, cured meats, bruschetta, etc. Note that the serving size is large, so you probably can order it for 1 person (which is enough to feed 2 people).
- Joe had the specialty pesto pasta with arugula, tomatoes, and grated parmesan cheese. Excellent.
- I had my fave – the zucchini stuffed with ricotta cheese and served with a potato green bean salad and then side lettuce salad. This meal is SO good and filling. The steaming cheese in the zucchini is to die for.
- Of course, we also receive delicious multi-grain bread!
*Disclaimer – I am NOT a professional food critic/reviewer,etc. Simply my observations based on my tastes…