We decided to make a nice hearty breakfast this morning. It may not technically be Fall yet, but its felt like Fall for about 2 months in Belgium…so, I figure I’ve waited long enough! One of my favorite Fall things is pumpkin (pumpkin picking, carving, gourds, pumpkin bread, pumpkin choco chip muffins, etc). So, when I saw a post on one of my favorite blogs for “Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal,” I HAD to try it!
(If you recall, I picked up some Libby’s 100% Pumpkin at the American grocery store last week)!
Here is the recipe from her Blog (check it out…it’s great)!
Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal:
- 1 cup oats (we used Quaker Oats – quick cooking since that’s all I can find here)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (from the American Grocery store)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin (from the American Grocery store)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (from the American Grocery store)
- Nutmeg (sprinkled on top) (from the American Grocery store)
- Maggie said the American Heart Association classifies 1/2 cup oats as a serving size. Thanks for the tip! 🙂
- I classified what ingredients I got from the American Grocery store to make a point (yet again) how hard it is to find “common” ingredients here! Are you feeling my pain yet?!
- I would DEFINITELY add a little more pumpkin. I like the pumpkin taste to be extremely prevalent. I think that the cinnamon (which I love) over took the bowl a little. Personal preference…but just a tip if you LOVE pumpkin!
- The smell of Fall – the leaves, cool air, etc.
- How the cottage and lake looks up north + Shack in Sterling
- Back to School fashion (um, hello boots and scarves)
- Pumpkin (obvii)
- Chili (I feel like chili is a colder weather meal) + Oyster crackers (OMG, I miss those)
- Decor – at our condo we have a HUGE box of “fall-like” decor (candles, table runner, fake leaves, halloween garland)! Sad that we cannot use it this year!
- Last but not least…the anticipation of returning to the USA VERY soon! Ahhhh