Took the day off from working out today and instead walked around the city to the various grocery stores to pick up dinner. I decided to stop at one of my favorite restaurants in Gent for bread (Belgium has the BEST bread) and I love this organic restaurant/bakery.
- Whole Grain Baguette – ‘Le Pain Quotidien’ (http://www.lepainquotidien.be/) *1 large baguette so Joe and I could share (next time I’m getting 2 as I caught him sneaking bites of my 1/2)
- Cod – ‘De Vis’ fist market (http://www.devis.be/)
- Vegetable Market for salad
I spoke in Dutch all day today and was pret-ty proud of myself. I only stumbled once when the fish market lady said something as I was leaving. I think she said have a nice day. I panicked and just mumbled incoherently in English as I walked out.
- Cod for 2 people (halibut/trout is good too)
- 5-6 slices of bacon (could use turkey bacon – Joe’s not a fan)
- salt and pepper to taste